If you’ve been contemplating the pros and cons of tinting your vehicle’s windows, it’s essential to evaluate your decision-making process from a value-added point of view. In other words, are there any benefits to contemporary tinting beyond merely making my vehicle more appealing?
The answer to this is a resounding “yes”, so let us have a closer look at all of the specifics.
Let’s face it; the typical person spends an inordinate amount of time driving from place to place:
- On average, we spend approximately 100 minutes per day in a car
- Each year, we devote upwards of 82 hours to traffic jams and gridlock
- This equates to over 37,000 driving hours during an average lifetime.
Consequently, your vehicle is responsible for the vast majority of your sun exposure on a day-to-day basis, especially when considering the mostly sedentary, deskbound lifestyle that has become so widespread nowadays. So if you’d like to protect yourself from the detriments associated with unprotected sun exposure – which include skin damage, accelerated ageing, and even skin cancer – it’s worth mentioning that today’s top-rated tinting solutions can block up to 99% of the sun’s harmful rays.
As such, the decision to install professional window tinting in Luton is a no-brainer, particularly if you find yourself on the road for long stretches of time and don’t have the time or patience to apply sunblock each day.
Protection from Fading
Contrary to popular belief, the sun’s UV rays can do far more than just damage your skin and health; they can also destroy your vehicle’s interior as well.
Regardless of whether your car features faux-leather, genuine leather, or any other type of fabric, it’s important to note that persistent exposure to sunlight can begin to degrade your interior materials in as little as one year. However, if you implement high-end tinting provisions, you’ll be able to elongate the lifespan of your car’s most integral interior components and ensure a long-lasting, vibrant sheen.
As an oft-obscured benefit, it’s worth pointing out the fact that modernised window tinting can also increase your vehicle’s efficiency:
- Running your AC unit on a consistent basis can decrease your fuel mileage by more than 10%.
- Environmental organisations recommend that you use your car’s AC only when driving faster than 45 MPH to reduce the amount of fuel consumed by your fans.
- However, tinted windows can eliminate up to 65% of the solar heat that builds up in the typical car, which naturally decreases the amount of air conditioning required to establish a comfortable temperature.
- Tinting will also protect you from costly AC repairs down the road, as you’ll be able to mitigate its workload on a year-round basis.
Safety and Security
Additionally, the protective layer of tinting film will effectively safeguard your windscreen against the shattering, chips, and cracks that occur as the result of contact with airborne projectiles, which is particularly helpful when driving through construction zones and back roads. To boot, the increased tensile strength will also make it much more difficult for thieves and burglars to break through the glass, which is why the vast majority of convicted criminals say they avoid robbing vehicles with tinted windows – it presents an additional layer of security that deters bad-actors.
As you might imagine by now, window tinting represents a stylish, cost-effective way to augment your vehicle, so be sure to schedule an appointment with a reputable local technician as soon as possible – you’ll be glad you did. Make sure that you check out all of the rules and regulations on tinting vehicle windows by visiting the gov.uk website on the subject.